Personal Care Attendant
- Salary Packaging, Employee discounts, Training provided
- Flexible arrangement – Part Time or Full Time
- Mortlake Location – 35 minutes from Warrnambool, 20 minutes from Terang
About Aberlea Inc.
Aberlea Inc. is a not-for-profit residential aged care facility delivering a full range of residential care with eight dementia specific suites and ageing in place throughout the facility. We are passionate about providing person-centred care within the home with a focus on health, well-being and lifestyle.
Located in Mortlake, the town offers a picturesque landscape with a beautiful lake and walking trail, local schools and well-renowned eateries.
What’s on offer
As an integral part of our close-knit team, you will be provided with access to salary packaging, employee discounts, a health and well-being program as well as training and development opportunities.
We have flexible work arrangements and will consider both full time and part-time applications across morning, afternoon and night shifts.
As a Personal Care Attendant, you will provide safe and effective personal care tailored to our residents daily living needs. Your duties will include:
- Support, care and engaged with our residents in a welcoming and respectful way tailored to their wants and desires.
- Assist the residents with self-care, safe mobility, and engagement in activities to assist them in maintaining their independence.
- Provide support and assistance with medical support and general administration duties where required.
- Acting as a professional role model for the broader Aberlea Inc. team.
We are proud to offer an environment that is friendly and embracing of new team members as we welcome them to assist us in continuing to provide a high standard of residential care within our home. We provide a high standard of training through our buddy-shift program to all new staff members and welcome both qualified and unqualified applicants who are willing to learn and work towards a qualification to apply.
Role skills and experience
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support (or working towards) would be desirable, but not essential.
- It would be preferable to have aged care experience or a keen desire to work within aged care.
- A good communicator with the ability to work autonomously and as part of the team.
- A passionate and respectful approach to work where the needs and wants of a resident are paramount.
Please send your application to Fiona (HR Manager), email@example.com or call 03 5599 2901 for further details.