24 July 2020
Dear Aberlea community,
Thank you all for continuing to work with us in implementing the multiple measures we have in place to protect our residents. Specifically, we now require face masks to be worn onsite.
I thank you all for your uptake and compliance with this important infection control measure.
This week there has been additional legislative changes in visitation for Victorian aged care facilities. You will all now be aware that we have been practising restricted visitation and we have further enhanced this policy as outlined below:
- Visitation is by prior appointment only
- All visitors and staff are screened prior to entry.
- All visitors now have a separately agreed visitation plan.
- Visits may only be made by one person at a time.
- Visits can only occur where other non-contact digital/virtual methods cannot be utilised.
Importantly please note that in compassionate circumstances we do have the ability to and will allow increased visitation as required. If you would like to discuss the effect these restrictions could have on your loved one, please contact Deb McAuliffe (RLO) or Phil Irvine (DOC) directly to discuss the alternate solutions we have available.
If you would like to discuss any or all the above measures please contact me directly on 0455 772 578.
Chief Executive Officer